PDF Content reuse with Frame + DITA?

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Fri May 18 09:13:48 PDT 2007

Hi Gyanesh...

If your main goal is to publish two different sets of content from the
same FM source files, I'd think that your best bet is to just use
conditional text (show/hide) in unstructured FM files. There are
probably benefits you could gain by moving to structure and/or DITA (and
it can certainly be done with structure/DITA), but for what you're
talking about, conditional text is really all you need. Just create two
conditional tags and apply those tags to the content that is only for
one product or the other (just don't overlap conditions) .. anything
that is common to both would be left untagged. Use the conditional text
show/hide settings to show one and hide the other, then generate your PDF.

Cheers!

...scott