Unresolved text insets and relinking images

Zoe Lawson messalina17 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 14:21:08 PDT 2007

You should be able to save your files as a .mif file, and do a search and replace for the paths, too.

Look for something like:

<ImportObFileDI `<u\><u\><c\>directory<c\>ImageFile'>
<ImportObFile `../../directory/ImageFile'>

Where Directory is the folder your image is in, and ImageFile the name of the image file. (the number of <u\> etc. will vary depending on your relative paths).

If you fix one image, then save as .mif, you can compare the fixed image path to the old paths, and play with search and replace.

It's still pretty manual, but less carpel tunnel. I'm sure you can find something similar for text insets. (I don't have any right now to check)

NOTE: I haven't tried this particular tip for a while, so I may have forgotten a step or two.

HTH,

Zoë