Structured FM: Conversion Table Question

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Wed May 23 12:25:23 PDT 2007

Unless I am misreading the table (entirely possible, given the
reformatting that this list forces), it appears that you do not have
anything that is being mapped to the Para[CR] or List[CR] elements.

And you say that the structure of a CR should be a Title, followed by a
description.  So that's how it should be described in the conversion
table.

Do you have different tags for the paragraphs of a introduction, CR
description?  This would allow you to specify these in the conversion
table separately (e.g. P:Intro maps to Para[Intro] and P:Body maps to
Para[CR]) and then you can include the specific qualified para elements
in different contexts as appropriate:

P:Intro                             Para                           Intro

P:Body                              Para                           CR

Para[CR]+, List[CR]?                Description

Title[CR], Description              CR[Type="Known Issue"]         CR

Title[SubSection],
 (Para[Intro]* | List* | CR*)*      SubSection

As an aside, you can simplify the conversion table by omitting the E:
identifiers as Frame assumes items in the conversion table are elements
unless explicitly qualified otherwise.  I also reorganize the conversion
table to begin with the simplest elements (e.g., character formats or
paragraph formats that become unique elements) and then the next level
of wrapping, then the next, ....

- Lester