First Time Framer!

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 08:55:49 PDT 2007

I agree with Steve. The time saved of being able to use variables, conditional text, text insets, and custom books built from shared chapters -- all features of FM that Word can't duplicate -- has enabled me to produce quality, custom documents that meet the various needs of our divergent customer base with maximum efficiency. If I have to change some info about a new development in a product, I only have to change it in one place, and the next time I print the 13 documents about that product, the change is consistently present in all 13 documents. At this point, the only thing I use Word for is online forms that we distribute to non-writers.

  Rene Stephenson

Steve Rickaby <srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:
  For me, Frame is mission-critical: no more, no less. I don't know about broadening horizons, but if I'd been forced to use Word for everything these past fifteen years, I'd have given up tech authoring long ago.

--
Steve