Tracing the Graphic Lineage

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Wed May 30 12:29:05 PDT 2007

If one has a figure at c:\docs\manuals\widgets\bigredwidget.eps, is
there a ready way to determine what FM manuals are importing
bigredwidget.eps by reference?

In our case, we might have six copies of bigredwidget.eps floating
around. If we wish to clean things up and replace them with one copy of
the image file in one graphics folder, it would help to find them all
quickly and update the referring links. I have a duplicates finder
utility to reassure me when an image file has the same size and
checksum. That helps a little. But it doesn't show me which FM files are
grabbing any of the various versions in their various places.

Jim