Tracing the Graphic Lineage

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Wed May 30 13:13:49 PDT 2007

Hi, Art --

Thanks for this. I definitely need to check multiple books in multiple
directories, and I've used the List of References-Imported Graphics on
individual books before. Please elaborate on what you mean by "copy all
the list content together" to set up a table and do this for multiple
books.

Do you mean making an LOR for each individual book and then opening,
copying, and pasting the contents of each LOR file to set up the table?
Or did you have something else in mind? Just to give you a sense of
scale on this -- in one category of machines (subdirectory with lots of
sub-subs) I have inherited 933 graphics files that show up in the
duplicate-finding utility -- there could be anywhere from say one to 10
copies of a given image. Within this warren of directories and
subdirectories, a quick search indicates more than 350 book files.
Multiply that by 14 major categories of machines and that's how I often
I'll have to replicate whatever final process we can devise.

In any case, the approach you describe has definite possibilities. I'm
just hoping there may be something short of opening 350 books and
running LORs for each to compile a list and to get at what we need? If
not, OK. Either way, it will help to know.

Hopefully,
Jim