Save EDD As DTD Not Working

Lin Surasky Lin.Surasky at retalix.com
Wed May 30 17:08:16 PDT 2007

Hi all-

Being so new to structured applications (I'm fighting my way through my
first one in my "spare" time), I assumed I was making a rookie mistake.
I probably still am, but now I'm not so sure it's all me.

I started by creating an EDD in FrameMaker. It's not particularly fancy,
but it meets the basic requirements for what I need right now. I tried
to save it as a DTD so I could move on to the next step of testing
imported XML. I was getting error messages, so I tested my methods by
creating a new, empty EDD and adding a single simple element (called
"element.") The DTD is saved with no errors, but when I open it in FM, I
get the "Expected comment or CDATA" error and a syntax error.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing a big step?

Thanks
-Lin