Change in PDF job options

Janet Underwood undjan at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 18:06:44 PDT 2007

Can someone clarify for me the changes in the PDF job options? I'm using v.7.1 and when setting up a PDF, my options are eBook, Press, Print and Screen. A friend is using v 7.2 and his options are High Quality Print, PDFA Draft, PDFX1a2001, PDFX32002, Press Quality, Smallest File Size and Standard. I understand that PDFX is a "next-generation" PDF format that is very handy for commercial printing. I don't understand, however, why online documentation I'm seeing for 7.1 says that these should be my PDF job options too! Is this because of the distiller version or are there some settings that one can define to get the same job options as my friend is seeing? In short, did my friend inadvertantly set these options without realizing it, and is this something I can set in v. 7.1 as well? Thanks!