FM layout causing inconsistency when printing a PDF?

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 14:53:27 PDT 2007

Unfortunately, there's just too much info to get it on letter size paper and have it meet the minimum font specs...unless it goes to more than front-and-back, in which case I am told there are issues with it being included as a laminated item attached inside the cover of the product. We actually have customers who spec the minimum font size for product documentation -  that's the proverbial 500 pound gorilla. Doesn't matter if what they want makes sense to the vendor or any other customers...if we want to do business with them, we have to give them what they want, the way they spec it. I'm not sure if that's an engineering fixation driving the doc spec or what.

Rene

"Kenneth C. Benson" <kbenson at pegtype.com> wrote:Probably kind of late at this point, but have you considered letter size?
For me, at least, printing legal size paper is a real PITA. Involves hand
feeding the paper sideways into a special tray. I don't think I even have
any legal size paper right now. I would probably end up shrinking it onto
letter size and putting on my drugstore glasses.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com