Distinguishing markers

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Nov 1 09:40:51 PDT 2007

Doug wrote:
> Some of my documents have Index markers, Reference markers, and other
> markers all located such that you cannot see more than a single marker
> on the screen.  The central way to determine how many markers there
> are is to count how many times the cursor fails to move each time you
> press an arrow key.  Is there a way to make the markers display
> distinctly so you can distinguish them, if only temporarily?

Not that I know of.  However, if the Marker window is open when your
cursor is on a marker, the type of marker will be displayed in the
Marker window.

If you have IXGen, you can expand (display) or collapse the text content
of markers by marker type.  If you don't have IXGen or another
marker-management plug-in, you should buy one; it'll pay for itself the
first time you use it.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers