radical revamping of techpubs

Technical Writer tekwrytr at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:23:04 PDT 2007

It is almost comical to see a job description that stresses "knowledge of project management," apparently a euphemism for "we have to work 70 hours a week withut extra compensation to make the deadline," when the same job tends to exclude those with experience as PMs.
http://www.tekwrytrs.com/Specializing in the Design, Development, and Production of:Technical Documentation - Online Content - Enterprise Websites> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:45:03 -0700> From: athloi at yahoo.com> Subject: RE: radical revamping of techpubs> To: tekwrytr at hotmail.com> > I've seen the same thing. It's too bad, because a tech writer with> those skills is more likely to understand the development process in my> view.> > --- Technical Writer <tekwrytr at hotmail.com> wrote:> > > Similarly, if you have spent the last three or four> > years as a project manager, and are now applying for a developer or> > tech writer position, you are almost guaranteed to be considered a> > potential adversary, sight unseen.> > > > Why would anyone with experience as a manager want a developer or> > tech writer position?> > http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/> technical writing | consulting | development> > __________________________________________________> Do You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com