Automated production of PDFs

Kelly McDaniel kmcdaniel at pavtech.com
Tue Nov 6 08:58:03 PST 2007

I'm running about a dozen books in FM 7.1 and produce only PDF user and
reference guides from my source, all manually, one-at-a-time. I first
create a postscript file, then use Distiller to spin the PDFs.

It's time to automate this procedure. I'm looking for recommendations on
how-to, software, logical procedures, etc to kick-off a build script (or
whatever you suggest) based on a scheduled task that produces all the
book postscript files, then spins the PDFs with Distiller.

A workable solution for now would be to create the postscripts to a
target watched folder and use Distiller's Watched Folder feature.
TIA...regards, KMac.