Tracing the Lineage of Text Insets

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Tue Nov 6 13:49:58 PST 2007

Hi Jim...

A quick test shows me that the name of the referenced inset is visible
as plain text within the binary FM file (FM7.2). I can't say for sure
that this is 100% reliable, but I'll bet that it is. You should be able
to do a text search (using a reliable tool .. not the default Windows
Search) of the suspect inset host files using the filename of the inset.

The only other way I know of would be with an FDK plugin or FrameScript
that would crawl the directory structure, open each file and look for
the inset .. I don't think that such a plugin/script exists, but it
would be fairly simple to create.

Good luck!

...scott

Scott Prentice