Frame's lame callouts

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 12:11:59 PST 2007

My solution for this is creating a paragraph tag (Callouts) and using the Text Frame tool to draw a little text box for the callout. Doing this also enables us to insert cross-references for callouts, which adds similar navigation to graphic hotspots.  ;-)

Rene Stephenson

Fred Ridder <docudoc at hotmail.com> wrote:
Gillian Flato asked (in part):>
> Does anyone know why I can't apply styles to them globally? I have to
> open up the character designer and apply a style to each word
> individually.

Callouts created with the drawing tools cannot be manipulated with
named styles because they are not paragraphs in the text flow. They
are lines of characters in a graphic frame which is entirely separate
from the text flow even though it is surrounded by it.
Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last.  Get it now.