Tracing the Lineage of Text Insets

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Wed Nov 14 07:37:48 PST 2007

Checking back on this. It was a fascinating experiment. I was very
impressed with ComboBook's ability to rapidly generate the "uber book"
from 152 book files scattered amongst subdirectories in a particular
folder. (I created a file list after doing a directory search in
2xExplorer, using that utility's "Print List" function on the found
results, and tweaking in Excel and Word to get my final text file with
the file list massaged and formatted properly.)

Unfortunately, I came to a screeching halt on the Update Book run to
fill in the LOR when FM said "couldn't update this book because it
contains no openable nongenerated files." This is guesswork, but I'm
thinking "this book" refers to one of the component sub-books of the
"uber book." If that's the case, I'm not sure what caused the pause
because Frame appeared to be crunching through several sub-books before
coming to its screeching halt. We still have some FM 5.5 books that
haven't come up for new versions yet and so haven't been converted to FM
7.1. My hunch is that may be the sticky wicket here.

More ideas, thoughts, and interpretations that may lead to completing
this little test are welcome!