Flare v Webworks

Pat Fortino pxforti at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 17:41:31 PST 2007

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been answered already; I tried to find a place to search the framer's archive for my questions, but can't find it. Is there a way to search the archive?

Anyway, I just talked to Webworks about upgrading my Webworks Pro 2003. First of all, they told me there is no upgrade path; I have to pay full price again, $1900. And that's only for a specific named user; each extra user is ONLY $900. Totally rediculous.

Anyway, I am a small company and cannot afford to pay $2000 for an add-on frame utility that I use only once in a while. Can anyone suggest an alternative. I once looked into Flare, and they claim Flare can use the frame files as a source, so I assume I could still single source for print and online help.

Also, I remember a tool called miftogo, but I cannot find anything in google about where to buy it. Is this company still in business. If so, will it does what webworks does; eg, convert a frame book to an online help format?

Thanks for any help.

Pat Fortino
writenowdesign.com
 - Web Sites
 - Technical Writing
 - Editing
 - Desktop Publishing

Get Firefox, a Safer, Faster, and Better Browser