Finding unused paragraph tags

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Nov 16 11:18:19 PST 2007

Theresa de Valence wrote:
> I started a new document from an existing document and failed to delete
> extraneous paragraph tags. Now my list of paragraph tags is enormous. Is
> there a way to get a List of Paragraph Tags which are not used?

There are various plug-ins you can buy that help with these sorts of
tasks (see siliconprairie.com for example).

However, a quick work-around for your situation is to delete the
contents of the pgf catalog and then have FM create and apply the
formats that are in use.

Open the pgf catalog and click Delete, then delete all the tags. (Quick
way: Delete the first one, then just hold down the Enter key).
(You may also want to do that with the char catalog.)
 From the File menu, choose Utilities > Create and Apply formats.

FM will repopulate the catalogs with only the tags in use.  (Note, that
includes tags on master and reference pages.)

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved promptly, and
to the satisfaction of all concerned, by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night."

— Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)