taking an image out of an anchored frame

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffmann at translate.com
Tue Nov 20 15:21:06 PST 2007

Dear Milan,

What you are experiencing (ability to drag graphic out of a frame) is part of the FrameMaker product design. The most common use for dragging a graphic out of an anchored frame is to drag it into another anchored frame. In the early days of FrameMaker, this was often done with the page zoom set to 25% so you could see multiple pages.

If you do not have an insertion point (e.g. click the white page margin first) when you import a graphic, it will appear in he center of the page with no anchored frame.

Your insertion point is changing because all imported graphics have "Runaround Properties" turn on, which makes text wrap around the graphic. FYI, imported graphics that have runaround contour turned on can cause text to "scrunch up" in an adjacent caption text frame.

Unanchored graphics are most frequently used on master pages for logos in headers/footers or for watermarks behind the text column. I hope this helps.

Maxwell Hoffmann
Adobe Community Expert, FrameMaker
Manager of Consulting & Training Solutions
ENLASO Corporation
T: 805 494 9571 * F: 805 435 1920
E: mhoffmann at translate.com ♦ ENLASO Corporation provides quality enterprise language solutions and exceeds client expectations through continuing research, development, and implementation of effective localization processes and technologies.  Visit: www.translate.com for more information or to subscribe to our complimentary localization newsletter.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann