8.0.1 patch fixes FM Book to PDF issue

Ray Saffin rsaffin at serena.com
Thu Nov 29 06:14:44 PST 2007

Like Diane I found that installing 8.0.1 fixed this problem (it also
meant that the Adobe Reader "speak aloud" feature now works as per Frame
7 generated PDFs again, which it didn't properly with tagged PDFs
enabled).

In my case I saved to a PS file using the Adobe print driver and then
generated a PDF.

(As I do not have Acrobat 8 installed on my FrameMaker 8 test system, I
use the Adobe PDF Add-On that comes with FrameMaker 8. When I double
click on a PS file it appears to do nothing, but eventually a PDF and
log file get generated. Also, I found that after installing 8.0.1 I had
to reinstall the Adobe PDF Add-On by drilling down into the FrameMaker
installation software and running a low level installer; but this might
have been peculiar to my installation set up.)

Ray Saffin
Technical Writer, Staff
Information Design and Development
Serena Software Europe Ltd
Abbey View, Everard Close, St Albans, AL1 2PS
United Kingdom
rsaffin at serena.com