Indicating Code Sample Line Breaks

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:12:51 PST 2007

I put each line of code into a single cell -- if you're doing that,
just set an indent for the subsequent lines. I've never put anything
at the end of the line and never had anyone fail to understand that a
hanging first line and indented following lines indicated that the
line wrapped.

Manually adding a special character would be possible, but a real PITA
to maintain...

If you had to do it, you could create a second column to the right of
the code sample just wide enough for a character or two and create a
paragraph tag that would generate the symbol. And then only use that
character format in the cell for lines that wrap. That would still
allow you to cut and paste freely in the "code" column.

Art

On Nov 29, 2007 1:59 PM, Neil Tubb <neil.tubb at solacesystems.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Please help me...I'm working on an SDK programming guide, and I have
> some sample code lines that are just too long. I am told I need to
> indicate that the lines are breaking with some kind of an carriage
> return arrow icon, and then indent the following line.
>

> Does anyone have any good ideas on how to do this in FrameMaker? I'm
> using Frame 7.1 on Windows XP. My code samples are done in a single
> table cell.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358