Frame in Windows emulation

Michael O'Neill moneill at meta-comm.com
Wed Oct 3 14:25:45 PDT 2007

I can confirm excellent results running a Windows VM in Ubuntu (6.X)
using the VMWare Server installed through Synaptic.

I can't say if Wine is better or worse than VMWare.
With a Virtual Machine, you have higher system overhead to run the guest
OS...but a much greater likelihood that everything will work as you are
used to and as expected.  With Wine, you get to work in Linux, have
lower resource overhead, but some things may not work as expected/at
all.

I figured that *for me*, the approach with the least amount of risk was
to use a VM.  (The fact that Virtual Machines are understood by my
colleagues was also a consideration.  Linux is not (yet) a popular OS in
my office.)

-Michael