Why am I losing page and column breaks?

Kelly McDaniel kmcdaniel at pavtech.com
Thu Oct 4 08:43:22 PDT 2007

Wow, I sure missed Stuart's subtext.
	Disclaimer: I do not know Stuart.

With over 36 years in computers and data wrangling, yep, pardner, over
36...since back in the steam-powered days of the big iron...
There was not enough information in the original question for me to
provide you with a response that was any better than a few targeted
guesses. I have come to the conclusion that the self-ascribed condition
is common amongst those with a bit of grey at the temples, or at least
enough trail dust in the nostrils, to have seen much of life.

My Dad used to irritate the living daylights out of me with his
protracted replies to questions I asked when I just wanted a quick nudge
over a hump in the fork of the road. Later in life, I understood what he
meant when he said, "I told you that to tell you this...so you'll
understand what I'm about to tell you."...then he'd go on. Time dragged.
I remember distinctly, the day in our garage when I was 12 years old and
asked Dad how it felt, what it was like to be "old" like he was? My
wisened, 33 year old Dad looked back and said, "I asked my Dad the same
question, and I have the same answer for you that he gave me: I still
feel like a kid inside. I'm just more careful when I play."

Let's all lean back in the saddle, let the reins go slack a minute, give
the pony a little break, and just take a deep breath...happy trails
y'all, Kelly.