Searching for empty paragraphs

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Oct 5 09:06:36 PDT 2007

Jon Harvey wrote:
> I've changed ^P^P to ^P in Word documents that are hundreds of pages
> long. I've found it to be pretty reliable. If I recall correctly, you
> can also use ^13^13 to ^13. Right now, I can't remember the difference
> between ^p and ^13 but I know there is one.

Didn't know you could do that; but the ^13 would be ASCII for CR
(carriage return), as opposed to ^10, which is LF (line feed).  In the
olden days, you had to use both to tell a line printer to move the print
head left and roll the paper up.  Word's ^p would be the equivalent of
^13^10, I guess.

sr

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"On the contrary."
-- Henrik Ibsen (last words, after a nurse said he "seemed a little
better.")