FrameMaker Console

Frank Elmore elmsoft at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 14:29:57 PDT 2007

Hello Chris,

FrameScript does not open the FrameMaker console window. FrameMaker creates
it the first time a client or FrameMaker itself has a message to present to
the user. If you turn off the message option in FrameScript, it won't write
any messages to the console. However, some other client might do so.
FrameMaker usually writes messages when it does font substitution.

Set the following options:

[General]
SignonScreen=No
SignonMessage=No

and FrameScript won't leave any messages at all (neither console or splash
screen) at signon.

Frank Elmore
Project leader for FrameScript