Italics dropping out of TOC

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Oct 10 09:17:29 PDT 2007

William Abernathy wrote:
> I got no response to the below post. Is this such a well-known
> FrameMaker bug that it merits no response? Did I get you all on a bad
> day? Or am I just being a dunce?
>
> Don't answer that last one.

(d) Both (a) and (b).

As I understand it, William, this is not a bug; FM is working as
designed.  Formatting overrides are not carried over to generated files,
so your CTRL-I has no effect in the TOC.

Character tags *are* carried over to generated files, so your italic tag
does appear in the TOC.  The method FM uses to delimit hyperlinks is to
look for a change of tag.  So your link ends when the character tag starts.

Perhaps someone else can offer a work-around; I don't know the answer
myself.  Perhaps the use of an italicized variable??  Framescript??

Good luck,
s.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"On the contrary."
-- Henrik Ibsen (last words, after a nurse said he "seemed a little
better.")