radical revamping of techpubs

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 07:15:16 PDT 2007

Most projects have some of this tendency as well, because very few
products are based on completely known technology in both functional
design and interaction design. Changes occur. Clients also demand
changes sometimes randomly.

In my experience, the average software company calls the TW when the
product is nearing completion, with completion usually meaning "five
minutes before the ship date," and asks them to WTFM.

--- Technical Writer <tekwrytr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The "external documentation" recommended for XP and agile development
> is fundamentally different than the documentation model used in
> old-style waterfall design. Because the application itself is built
> in an iterative process, rather than being carved in stone, reacting
> to feedback from the client, documentation before the last minute is
> pointless.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development