radical revamping of techpubs

Flato, Gillian gflato at nanometrics.com
Fri Oct 19 10:09:42 PDT 2007

>>Quality is primarily a subjective opinion;
>>Similarly, whether a product is crap or not is again an opinion, not
an objective evaluation that can applied in all cases.

When you work in the semi-conductor industry making high-tech
instruments that are used in fabs (chip fabrication plants), quality is
not subjective. If the tool stops running after a few thousand cycles or
a part on the tool fails after only a few months of running, then it's
objective. A part broke, the Tool shutdown, quality is crap, that's not
subjective.

TechWriters in my field document the software that runs on these types
of tools. If you go to a fab, you'll see the type of tools I am taking
about.

BTW, why don't you identify who you are? You act so sanctimonious yet
you hide behind a moniker. Have some cohones and tell us who you are.

Thank you,

<mailto:gflato at nanometrics.com>

Gillian Flato

Technical Writer (Software)