First on market (was RE: radical revamping of techpubs)

Fri Oct 19 10:59:32 PDT 2007

Technical Writer wrote:

> Many, especially in business, would argue the opposite; the
> first mover advantage is huge. Case in point, the business
> strategy of Sony.

Sony is a good company with solid products, but their track record on
innovations sucks. They brought us, among others, Beta videocassettes,
MD (MiniDisc) cartridges, and Memory Sticks. I'm not the only person who
saw that Sony was behind the Blu Ray format and consequently decided to
bet on HD DVD. :-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs