NuLOOQ Navigator and shortcut keys

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 12:56:24 PDT 2007

I am trying to configure one of these things <http://www.logitech.com/nulooq>
for use with FrameMaker. They work *really* well with CS2 apps like Illustrator, with which Logitech seems to have managed to thoroughly intertwingle it.

However, a problem arises with FrameMaker, as a great many of its keystrokes are multi-key, such as <esc>-z-i or <esc>-z-o, and the NuLOOQ driver can only be set up to spit out a single-character shortcut for each action. I've got round that one with multi-stage keystroke expansion (issuing some unused keystroke from the device driver like <shift-control-alt>-i and using that to trigger a multi-key macro that translates it into the required keystroke sequence). That's got the zoom working.

However, I'm still stumped in getting FrameMaker to scroll within a window, as I cannot find any shortcut keystrokes to operate up/down and left/right scroll. Can anyone help?

[I'm on FrameMaker 7 for Mac, but that may not make a difference, as it seems to react to the PC shortcut keystrokes as well as the Mac-specific ones that use the command key.]

Steve