Slightly OT -- CE Safety symbol font?

Thu Oct 25 10:32:48 PDT 2007

Stuart Rogers wrote:

> Every link I click on takes me to a Forum of messages in
> German.  No discernible download link anywhere.

That's not just a forum. The forum software is being used as an
organizing tool for the symbol collections. The top of the initial forum
page has the symbol library links. Some, but not all, have English
translations. And notations like "DIN 4844" and "ISO 3864" are helpful
even if you can't read the German in which they appear.

When you click a library, such as "Warnsymbole / warning symbols," the
"forum" page for that library appears. At the top are some pinned links
that include the word "Download." Each takes you to the download page
for a symbol collection ZIP file; most have English explanations.

Below those "Download" links are forum posts and entries for individual
symbols in the library. The symbol entries have paper clips to the left
indicating attachments. Click one to see the symbol and the versions and
formats in which it's available.

Many of the symbol descriptions have an English translation in the fine
print. One that doesn't, but is still worth checking out, is "Warnung
vor Hommingberger Gepardenforelle"
(http://forum.cptec.org/index.php?showtopic=661), a "Caution! Biting
trout" sign about an imaginary fish that figured in a German SEO contest
a couple of years ago.

Those wacky Germans. ;-)

Richard

------