Conversion of Frame 7.0 docs [using Frame 8.0] into PDF

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffmann at translate.com
Thu Oct 25 12:54:26 PDT 2007

Dear Nihar,

I have not run into this specific problem, but have a suggestion. Try saving the document to 8.0 MIF. Then reopen the MIF and save it as a binary FM8 file. Try "save as PDF" with your new binary 8.0 file.

With past releases of FrameMaker I have found that saving to MIF then saving the MIF to binary sometimes deletes the code that may be causing the crash.

P.s. make a backup of your 7.0 documents before doing this.

Maxwell Hoffmann
Manager of Consulting & Training Solutions
ENLASO Corporation
T: 805 494 9571 * F: 805 435 1920
E: mhoffmann at translate.com ♦ ENLASO Corporation provides quality enterprise language solutions and exceeds client expectations through continuing research, development, and implementation of effective localization processes and technologies.  Visit: www.translate.com for more information or to subscribe to our complimentary localization newsletter.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann