Context-sensitive read/write rules

Raiyani, Amirali amirali.raiyani at boeing.com
Fri Oct 26 05:42:28 PDT 2007

Hello, I am exporting FrameMaker to XML using a custom structured
application and need to figure out how to do the following using
read-write rules only (not XSLT):  always rename the FrameMaker element
"Number" to "Step", and additionlly if "Number" has parent
"NumberConfig" add an attribute called "configged" (to "Step") while
unwrapping "NumberConfig".  Is this even possible?  From reading the
Read/Write Rules Reference, I don't see how to do the context-sensitive
part.  Thanks in advance ...

- Amir