radical revamping of techpubs

Technical Writer tekwrytr at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:07:26 PDT 2007

I did not categorically state that TWs have no place at any point in a project. To so state is misleading, and implies that I said TWs are useless. I said that in an ambiguous, undefined software project (which many, including multi-million dollar, tend to be), it is pointless to create documentation of an application that may--and probably will--change at the next iteration.

The fault is not with TWs; the fault is with agile developers who cater to the egos of senior management, charging dearly to maintain the illusion that management can have whatever toy they happen to think of, at anytime in the development process. Because that type of development is becoming more and more mainstream, it seriously affects TWs.