Odd maths font problem... more

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 02:23:15 PDT 2007

Further... if anyone is following this... there appear to two different Symbol fonts:

. That installed here with FrameMaker 7.0 on Mac appears to be copyright Apple Computer and also appears to be Unicode

. That used by the originator of the documents appears to be copyright Monotype/Type Solutions and is not Unicode

However, creating a Mac version of the latter and installing it temporarily:

a. Does not change the existing maths character transpositions

b. Causes other character transpositions such as arrow characters (ASCII 174) turning into a circle with a diagonal through it (ASCII 198).

I have a workaround for the 'bad' equations, which is to use the author's PDFs and import them into the target FrameMaker document, but I absolutely need to diagnose this problem for the future. I have worked with FrameMaker equations cross-platform in the past, including some books with a very large volume of equations, without any problem of this sort.

--
Steve