Importing PPT slideshows

Madeleine Reardon Dimond roseriter at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 15:04:45 PDT 2007

I work for a courseware department that makes
PowerPoint slideshows and then imports the slides to
Framemaker as OLE links to make their printed books.
This process makes huge, unstable files that take
forever to update.

When I asked why they didn't use Frame's Import by
Reference feature, I was told that FrameMaker will
import only the first slide of a show. So although the
Chapter 3 PowerPoint slideshow may have 20 slides,
only Slide 1 will import by reference.

Being used to importing pdfs one page at a time, I
can't help thinking there must be a way to do the same
thing with PowerPoint shows. Does anybody know what it
might be?

Thanks,
Madeleine Reardon Dimond