Sequential page numbers on alternate pages

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:25:48 PDT 2007

I'm not sure the situation is as grim as you think. I think the
2-page spread approach gets you most of the way there.

It should be quite easy to prepare English-only or translation-
only versions very by importing the appropriate flow into a
conventional, single-page template. (Remember that the
File>Import>File operation imports on a flow-by-flow basis,
so you can import the two languages into new container
documents separately.)

And if you really need to print a side-by-side version, most
print vendors should be able to handle the imposition required
to produce page signatures from a PDF that contains 2-page
spreads. The one thing you might want to do to make it easier
to verify that the imposition is correct is to number use the
same number but a different language suffix on the left-hand
and right hand pages (e.g. 2-F on the left-nand page and 2-E
on the right-hand, English page) of each 2-page spread.

But I freely admit that I have never had to do this for real...

-Fred Ridder