Fwd: FW: Dictionary doesn't find smart quotes

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Sep 10 10:20:17 PDT 2007

Hi, Sheila:

I'm not sure I understand your description. In the Spelling Checker >
Options, you can enable or disable straight quotes as an error when checking
spelling. However, there's no way to detect curly quotes in the Options
dialog box.

You can find and change them with Edit > Find/Change. In the Find Text box,
type the code \` (backslash prime - on the tilde key) to find left curly
quotes, and \' (backslash apostrophe) to find right curly quotes. In FM,
there's no way to replace both in one operation, so you'll need to make one
pass for each replacement. You can replace across a book.

ASIDE:

Would you mind describing how you converted Quicksilver (which release) to
FM? Thanks!

HTH

Regards,

Peter