FM 8 Integration with Webworks

Stephen C. Gillespie Sr steve.gillespie at fedex.com
Mon Sep 10 10:46:57 PDT 2007

Greetings!

We are all excited about the new FM 8, and I am the first on my team to get
the upgrade.

My problem is, when I try to open and run my old (FM 7.2) WWP 8 Standard
project, I get a communication error: "The application is unable to
communicate with FrameMaker. FrameMaker was unable to generate the specified
MIF file."

Before installing FM 8, I Uninstalled FM 7.2.

Then when I got the error, I Uninstalled Webworks 8, and re-installed it -
made no diff.

Does anybody know the solution? - I looked at the FM 8 maker.ini, and there
is no API for Webworks.

Thank you.

Steve Gillespie, PMP

HR Measurements & Support, GOLDS