Feathering conflicts (shortcomings?)

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Tue Sep 11 14:23:21 PDT 2007

Hi Bodvar,

One clunky way of doing drop caps is to use subscript for the first
character and set large values for your subscript values. Choose Format >
Document > Text Options and try 280% for the Subscript Size and 115% for the
Offset. Make sure the Line Spacing on your paragraphs is Fixed. You will
still have to use non-breaking spaces to bump the second line past the drop
cap character, but overall, this is easier than using anchored frames.

The other solution is to avoid feathering altogether. If you set all of your
space above/below values to be muliples of your leading values, you can use
Baseline Synchronization instead of Feathering to get balanced and aligned
columns.

I will send you a drop cap sample to you separately. Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com