Numbering steams and flows

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Sep 12 08:20:48 PDT 2007

Steve Rickaby wrote:

> I am forced to mix 1-column and 2-column layouts. I cannot use
> tables, as the existing 1-c material that must go into 2-c already
> contains tables.
>
> As we know from previous discussions here, the column layout is a
> flow property rather than a page property, so I must use a B flow for
> the 2-c material.

Someone else has already corrected you on the second point, which is
your proper solution.  But I'll add that your first point is also not
correct:  you can put tables inside tables (by first inserting an
anchored frame in a cell, then adding a text frame inside that to hold
the inner table).

PS: was that a Freudian slip in the subject line?  ;-)

Good luck!

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator