Memory Leak

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Sep 12 15:08:35 PDT 2007

Kelly McDaniel wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm running FrameMaker 7.0p579 on a Dell Dimension 8200 with a Pentium 4
> 2.53ghz chip and a gig of RAM. FrameMaker just crashed with its famous
> "got to quit" message.
>
> Will adding more memory help at all?
>
> Are there other hardware admin fixes you can suggest to keep the memory
> leaks crashes to a minimum?...thanks, Kelly.

Hi Kelly,

I'm running FM 7.0p579 on a Dell Precision 360 with P4 3.00ghz chip and
1.5 GB of RAM.  More/faster than what you have, but I routinely have
four or five other app's running at the same time (Photoshop, Xara,
Firefox, Thunderbird, Acrobat, Powerpoint, etc.), and I haven't had an
FM crash in months.  I would suspect other causes, like corrupt files
(.fm, graphics?) or conflict with another program, rather than too
little memory.  Do you get a lot of crashes?  What other programs are
running at the same time?  How often do you reboot Windoze?

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com