Broken xrefs

Kelly McDaniel kmcdaniel at pavtech.com
Fri Sep 14 12:56:58 PDT 2007

Right. Just to cut to the chase...I have about 6 years of FrameMaker
experience handling 64 books of 8kplus pages. What happened today has me
stumped.

Once again: I opened all books in FrameMaker and did my renaming in FM
to preserve all the (very literally, thousands of) links that were
established by many, many offsite contract authors who preceded me.
(These books have far too many cross-refs to reflect good style and
conscientiousness toward usability...but, I digress.

I knew there'd be trouble if I broke links because the myriad authors
apparently followed their own respective conventions. Now, FM has not
preserved the links, Humpty has fallen off the wall, and I think IXGen
is the only fix.

I do appreciate the suggestion of a hand-code fix in plain text, but
there are far too many for a one-man shop...regards, Kelly.