I'm impressed with Adobe

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:33:04 PDT 2007

And meanwhile, on the HATT list, there's a list member who has
posted nearly two dozen messages complaining beiiterly about
how RoboHelp was not included in the list of Adobe products
in their most recent SEC 10-K filing, nor is it included in the
categorized list of Adobe products in the documents on the
Adobe investor relations website.

It's pretty clear that the marginal products in Adobe's product
line don't get consistent attention from the corporate level of
Adobe. But if you look at some of the data that is available in
the investor relations part of the Adobe website, the reason
seems pretty clear. According to these figures, the category
of Adobe products called "Other", which includes among a
half-dozen truly minor products such applications as FrameMaker,
PageMaker, Captivate, Director, Freehand, and presumably
RoboHelp, accounts for less than 10% of Adobe's revenue. The
"Creative Solutions" category is where all the action is, with
some 56% of revenue and glamorous products like Photoshop,
InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator. And the real cash
cow is the "Knowledge Worker Solutions" segment--basically
Adobe Acrobat--which generates more than 25% of Adobe's
revenue by itself.