Manipulating EDDs with Framescript

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Wed Sep 19 06:56:41 PDT 2007

Hi Adam,

you want to add values to attributes that already exist, or are you trying
to add new, valid attributes to the element? Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hi all,
I need to add two attributes for an element to the EDD of all of our
documents.  The simple way to do this would be to take a template EDD
and use the Import ElementDefs command in Framescript.  However, this
poses a problem, because not all of our documents necessarily use the
same EDD (usually - I believe - just minor tweaks for formatting
purposes, as they all must comply to the same xml DTD)

So, what I'd really like to do, in order to eliminate the risk my EDD
changes may have unintended consequences, is add attributes to the EDD
of the document.. or even import just a part of an EDD (ie. instead of
overwriting the entire EDD with a template EDD, only overwrite those
elements defined in the template).  However, I can't seem to find a way
to do this.

Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this?  Or is there a better
approach?

Thanks,
Adam Schweitzer
Orenda Aerospace Corporation