BookVars with Frame 8

Scott Prentice sp at leximation.com
Thu Sep 20 10:41:33 PDT 2007

Hi Gillian...

BookVars has not been updated (yet) to support FM8. It does seem to work
fine as long as you're not using Unicode characters in your variables,
although we haven't done extensive testing yet. The installer won't let
you install to FM8, but if you have it installed on an earlier version
of FM, you can do the following to manually install on FM8 ..

1. Copy the Pubs-Tools folder from your FM.n to FM.8 folder
2. Open the FM.n and FM.8 maker.ini files and copy the
Pubs-Tools:BookVars line from the FM.n APIClients section to the FM.8
APIClients section.
3. Save the maker.ini file .. restart FM8.

We plan to have all of our plugins updated to support FM8 by the end of
October. If you run into any problems please let me know.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.