PDF question

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Fri Sep 21 06:53:02 PDT 2007

Jim,

It is certainly no setting in the PostScript driver or Distiller.
Without knowing your entire workflow and seeing the full contents
of your template, it would be very difficult to know what is going
on and how you are actually getting your desired effect.

The "color" versus "black and white" setting in the driver only
controls part of the PostScript generation, not all of it (and
certainly NOT any passthrough EPS). Conceivably, one could have
a Distiller "prologue.ps" file that redefines all color setting
PostScript definitions to cause black and white / grayscale, but
that certainly isn't anything we ship with any product.

	- Dov