PDF help -- Many thanks!

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Fri Sep 21 19:09:17 PDT 2007

Miriam Lezak wrote:

> I still have a slight color differential between my regular text and
> hypertext (the hypertext shows up as, oh, maybe 90% gray).

You should. You're converting blue to a percentage of black. It makes
more sense if you think about it in terms of more than one color. If you
have a flag with yellow stars on a blue background and you print it on a
black and white printer, would you expect both the stars and the
background to print as 100% black?

When you print color to a B&W printer (which is basically what you're
doing) you get grays. Blue is a dark color so you get a very dark gray.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com