SV: Adobe Unveils Technical Communication Suite

Jacob Schäffer js at grafikhuset.dk
Tue Sep 25 11:47:16 PDT 2007

As I see it: With the new Adobe Suite-concept you will effectively be able to break the single-sourcing concept if you want, i.e. apply local changes as need be for last minute corrections. However, when working disciplined as of the single-sourcing concept itself, I think the suite-concept provides more overall-functionality than you've ever had -- for a lower price.

Round-tripping the RH content back to FM would certainly be a really nice-to-have thing, but I wouldn't expect it to be a loss-less thing to implement, and what would it be worth then? I still think that outputting (you call it repurporsing) single sourced documents offer a win-win solution for all parties. One source to maintain and outputting it to many sources is still quite ideal in my view.

I can't do anything else than welcome the new Techical Suite concept although several improvements still can be made (fortunately)!

All the best
Jacob Schäffer
Grafikhuset ApS
Paradis Allé 22