Call for Case Studies/Personal Experience of Single-sourcing

Alison Carrico acarrico at adamsglobalization.com
Fri Sep 28 08:34:54 PDT 2007

I have a client who is preparing for a major localization effort for
their online help & printed/PDF documentation. The existing docs are in
Word (yes, I know) and the help is done with RoboHelp.  Their lead tech
writer, who handles the docs, is completely sold on our recommendation
that they take this opportunity to convert to a single-source workflow,
but he's getting a lot of skepticism from the Help developers.  He is
currently working on converting the Word docs to Frame & is looking at
Madcap Flare to create the help.

We're working together to address the help developers' concerns and to
sell their financial people on the long-term benefit of the large
initial cost in time & effort to consolidate the docs & help. He is very
interested in talking to anyone who is working in a single-source model
and/or who has made such a transition.

If you are willing to share your experience or if you know of any
relevant case studies, please let me know so I can put you in touch with
my client.  Any insight you are willing to share will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks very much!

--

Alison Carrico

IDTP Manager

Adams Globalization

25 Years of Excellence!

10435 Burnet Road, Suite 125

Austin, Texas 78758

Phone: 512.821.1818

Fax: 512.821.1888

www.adamsglobalization.com <http://www.adamsglobalization.com/>

E-mail: acarrico at adamsglobalization.com
<mailto:acarrico at adamnsglobalization.com>

Adams Globalization Confidentiality Notice:

This message and all attachments from Adams Globalization are intended
solely for the use of the addressees shown above. They may contain
confidential and/or proprietary trade secret information not to be
disclosed to others under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that the copying, use
or distribution of any information or materials transmitted in or with
this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message by
mistake, please immediately contact me at (512) 821-1818 and destroy the