extract changed texts

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Wed Apr 2 09:20:30 PDT 2008

Hi Gunnar,

This is rather easy to do if you have FrameScript. FrameScript is a
powerful and easy-to-use internals programming language for FrameMaker.

Using FrameScript you would would do the following:

Loop for every chapter in a book:
--Loop for every paragraph in a chapter:
----Inspect each paragraph for a change bar:
--------If a change bar is detected:
------------Copy the content of the paragraph into a new document

If you decide to go the FrameScript route, you will find that there
are many freely available scripts that can extend the capabilities of
FrameMaker. I offer a number of free scripts on my web site
(www.golehtek.com). I also develop custom scripts for my clients.

If you are interested in a FrameScript solution, you are welcome to
contact me off list.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin R. Smith